Pharmaceutical Litigation Lawyer
Renowned Texas Pharmaceutical Drug Litigation Attorneys
Lawsuits due to dangerous prescription drugs are one of the fastest growing types of personal injury cases involving serious injury or death. In their rush to get new drugs to market, drug companies often withhold or misrepresent important safety information before, during and after clinical trials and the FDA approval process or other licensing procedures.
At Bailey & Galyen, we have recovered millions of dollars for clients in pharmaceutical litigation. Our Law Firm has lead nationwide efforts against large drug companies. We have helped thousands of clients who were seriously injured due to dangerous drugs, find justice, and recover fair compensation. In doing so we hope to send a clear message to the government and drug makers that they have a great responsibility to the public when approving or marketing these dangerous prescription drugs.
We are available to handle a wide range of drug defect cases, including, but not limited to:
- Hydroxycut – is a thermogenic (heat-producing) dietary supplement. It has been marketed as a weight loss supplement because of its appetite suppressing effects as well as its fat burning results.
- Vioxx – for treating osteoarthritis and managing acute pain. Vioxx was recalled due to a doubled risk of suffering from a serious heart attack or stroke.
- Bextra – an anti-inflammatory drug associated with treatment of osteo and rheumatoid arthritis, with similar cardiovascular safety concerns as Vioxx.
- Risperdal – used to treat delusional psychosis, forms of bipolar and obsessive-compulsive disorder, psychotic depression and Tourette syndrome. Evidence suggests an increased risk of hyperglycemia, diabetes, coma or death.
- Celebrex – a Cox-2 inhibitor used for rheumatoid and osteoarthritis, and later intestinal polyps. There are concerns of a higher risk of heart attack.
- Prempro / HRT – a hormone replacement therapy drug used to treat postmenopausal side-effects. Prempro has been linked to breast and ovarian cancer, blood clots, stroke and heart attacks in women.
- Zyprexa – used to treat schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, Alzheimer’s and other psychological conditions or types of dementia. Side effects and complications include a risk of diabetes, hypoglycemia, pancreatitis, stroke, coma and death.
- Seroquel – also known as Quetiapine and used for schizophrenia, bipolar and treat post-traumatic stress disorder, alcoholism, restless legs syndrome and as a sedative. Negative side effects include diabetes or pancreatitis and death in some cases.
- Chantix – generically named varenicline and used as a smoking cessation medication. Dangers include severe anxiety, depression, abuse and suicide.
- Ketek – an antibiotic used for bacterial infections and pneumonia. Serious side-effects reported include liver toxicity, damage and complete failure.
- Paxil – a treatment for depression. It has been linked to birth defects, dependency and other psychological conditions such as violent behavior, panic attacks, anxiety and an increased risk of suicide.
- Avandia – this anti-diabetic agent used to treat type-2 diabetes can cause congestive heart failure, edema, and anemia.
- Fosamax – prescribed for osteoporosis in men and women, a serious osteonecrosis disorder can cause bone deterioration in the jaw and teeth.
- Gadolinium – this visual agent used in MRIs and injected into the veins has been linked to serious new kidney diseases affecting patients given an MRI.
- Kugel Mesh Patch – a recoil-spring device for repairing thinning scar tissue after surgery, it was recalled due to breaks casing bowel perforations.
- Zelnorm – for the short-term treatment of irritable bowel syndrome and constipation, side-effects include angina, heart attacks and stroke.
- Singulair – used to treat asthma. Recent reports suggest users experience depression, suicidal thoughts and actions, and other behavioral changes.
Even with intense pre-approval testing, how these drugs and others impact our bodies is not entirely understood prior to their release for use. Safety should always take priority over profit. Bailey & Galyen has decades of experience handling individual and mass tort pharmaceutical lawsuit litigation. We will vigorously protect your rights and seek the maximum compensation you deserve if you have been harmed by a dangerous medication.
If you or family members suffered adverse effects using a dangerous prescription drug, Contact our qualified personal injury attorneys immediately for a FREE, no obligation consultation to review your legal options.
Dangerous Drug Litigation
All pharmaceutical lawsuit litigation cases we handle are on contingency, meaning there are no fees until we win settlement for you. Court costs, litigation expenses and medical bills are paid from your share of the recovery. If there is no recovery, you will not be responsible for any court costs or litigation expenses, except unpaid medical bills.
Locations Throughout Texas
We provide skilled legal representation to individuals across the State of Texas including the Dallas-Fort Worth communities of Arlington, Bedford, Dallas, Fort Worth, Carrollton, Grand Prairie, Mesquite and other cities in Texas including Houston Clear Lake / NASA, Texas.